Facts about Darkshine:
- Darkkit's mother named her Darkkit because, days before kitting, she had a dream about a dark grey she-cat with blue eyes murdering the WillowClan deputy. Fortunately, it was a warning about Shredflint, the BreezeClan deputy who is now dead.
- An old warrior (elder) suggested Darkshine because she had what it takes, and because he liked her when she was an apprentice, but had to shake her head because she didn't have time for a mate.
- Darkpaw was given her warrior name, Darkshine, because Canyonstar had a dream about Darkshine in the middle of the dark woods, with the sun's rays only touching her pelt.
- Darkshine's brother, Ferretscratch, was kitted with a bright yellow pelt, but eventually wore off to reveal a beautiful calico.
- Days before Darkshine was born, her mother had a terrible dream that there would be a dark gray she-cat that would come and murder the WillowClan deputy. This was actually a warning about the BreezeClan deputy, who murdered WillowClan's former deputy but is now dead. When Darkshine was born, at first her mother thought she was going to grow up to be murderous but then she realized that Darkshine was a beautiful kit and saw past her fears. Darkshine's mentor liked her near the end of her apprenticeship, but Darkshine didn't have time for a mate so she had to say no. Heartbroken, her mentor fled the woods and wailed. Darkshine felt bad, but she knew that her mentor understood. Eventually, she saw her mentor fall in love with another cat, much to her delight.